1. Keep the larger pieces in your rooms free of dirt and clutter. For example desks and tables. This will give the illusion of a cleaner room.
2. Store an attractive basket in your most used areas, such as your family room to toss items in to avoid clutter and build up.
3. Have a “clean” mentality, meaning every time you leave a room, take something with you that can be tossed, washed or put away. Encourage your family to help out, its never too early; or late to teach them healthy cleaning habits!
4. Keep an all purpose cleaner, and microfiber cloth in an easily accessible area on each floor of your home. Try to give heavily used surfaces, such as the kitchen and bathroom counters, a quick wipe down each day.
5. Change the filters in your home regularly, this will greatly reduce the dust and dander build up on your homes surfaces. Leading to a less dusty home.
Adopting and modifying these quick tips will ensure a “neater nest” between your regular cleanings. Check back in with us for our next post on homemade cleaning products, consisting of items you likely already have in you pantry.